Your cart is currently empty!
Fikile Mbalula calls for justice as AfriForum defends principal in Cwecwe rape case
Fikile Mbalula calls for justice as AfriForum defends principal in Cwecwe rape case! ANC Secretary-General Fikile Mbalula condemned AfriForum for defending the Bergview College principal accused of being involved in the rape case of seven-year-old Cwecwe from the Eastern Cape.
The learner was raped in October last year, the mother confirmed. The principal is believed to be behind the incident.
He has reportedly refused to provide a DNA sample to police.
This follows the police ministry’s announcement that the principal and two other individuals have been asked to provide DNA samples as part of their investigation.
Cwecwe
AfriForum has called on the police to provide evidence supporting the claim that the school principal is a suspect in the alleged rape of a student.
Mbalula said it was a moral indictment on society that predators still find refuge in institutions meant to safeguard children.
“Even more disgraceful is the involvement of organisations like AfriForum, who shield suspects rather than standing for justice. In moments of such horror, there is no race, no politics—only humanity, ubuntu qha.
“We demand the arrest and prosecution of all involved and call on the police for swift, thorough action. Enough is enough!” he said.
Mbalula further called on all the ANC structures—led by the ANC Women’s League—including all progressive organs of civil society to intensify and sustain the support for Cwecwe and the family.
“Justice for Cwecwe is not only about securing accountability – it is also a call to action against a system and a culture that continues to fail women daily.
“It is a reaffirmation of our collective duty to build a society where survivors are heard, protected, and supported, and where perpetrators face the full might of the law,” he said.
Meanwhile, Police Minister Senzo Mchunu and SAPS have reassured the citizens that they will handle the case with the utmost urgency following public outcry.
In other news – Sbahle Mzizi joins movement for Justice in Cwecwe case – WATCH
South African child influencer Sbahle Mzizi has added her voice to the growing call for justice for Cwecwe, a 7-year-old girl who was allegedly assaulted at school. The heartbreaking case has captured national attention, with many demanding accountability from those responsible for ensuring children’s safety in educational institutions.
The case became public after Officer Thandekile Mtshizana, Cwecwe’s mother, shared her daughter’s traumatic experience. The 30-year-old, who is also a survivor of sexual violence, revealed that the alleged incident occurred on October 14, 2024, at Bergview College in Matatiele, Eastern Cape. Read More